Strategic and legal framework
As national coordinator of Romania’s development cooperation policy, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is responsible with the design and implementation of RoAid. The MFA agrees the partner states which will benefit from Romanian support, but also the funds for its own budget and the main thematic areas for the projects it will fund.
Right now, the partner states which benefit from Romania's development assistance in the period 2012-2016 are:
- The Republic of Moldova
The main sectors for development assistance in the period 2012-2015 are:
- Transition to democracy
- Supporting agriculture and sustainable economic development in the context of climate change – with priority to the phytosanitary and veterinarian areas.
- Protecting the environment and supporting the promotion of sustainable energy in the context of climate change
- Health and Education as secondary sectors
The main sectors for the multilateral assistance offered by the MFA, the topics for the period 2011-2015 are:
- Supporting regional and global initiatives which contribute to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals
- Preventing and tackling infectious diseases, especially HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria
- International financial stability and fair trade
- Peace and security